Mass lobby of Holyrood this September
Categories: Articles:Climate Change & Environment |
Published: 09/07/2018 |
Join people from across Scotland on Wednesday 19th September 2018 at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh and ask your MSPs to push for a strong Climate Change Act. Register to take part today.
A mass lobby of the Scottish Parliament will take place outside the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood at lunchtime on Wednesday 19th September.
The mass lobby at Parliament is a key moment in the campaign for a stronger new Scottish Climate Bill. People from all across Scotland will gather together outside Holyrood to talk to their MSPs about why they want to see more climate action in this Bill.
There are a limited number of places, so if you want to have an opportunity to take part, you must sign up at Eventbrite to secure a place.
Please take action today by asking your MSPs to push for changes to the Bill as it makes its way through Parliament. Email your MSP here
Together, we can create an Act that ends Scotland’s contribution to climate change within a generation
We’re asking MSPs to support the following in the Bill:
1. Stronger targets that will deliver Scotland’s fair share of the Paris Agreement:
- Net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest
- Emissions reduction of 77% (on 1990 levels) by 2030
2. Measures to ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
3. New policies to cut emissions from buildings and agriculture as soon as possible within the next 10 years:
- Ensure all homes have at least Energy Performance Certificate rating ‘C’ by 2025, to cut emissions, tackle fuel poverty and create jobs across Scotland.
- Create a Nitrogen Balance Sheet for Scotland with nitrogen reduction targets introduced by 2020 - reducing climate pollution from nitrogen based fertilisers.
Return to previous page