Mass lobby of Holyrood this September
Categories: Resources:Environment |
Published: 09/07/2018 |
Join people from across Scotland on Wednesday 19th September at the Scottish Parliament in Edinburgh and ask your MSPs to push for a strong Climate Change Act.
There is a long way to go before the Climate Change Bill is finalised and voted on by MSPs at the Scottish Parliament. That's expected to happen in spring 2019).
Between now and then, MSPs have the opportunity to listen to their constituents, take evidence and make amendments to the Bill.
Join us at Holyrood to show MSPs the strength of support for a strong Scottish Climate Change Act.
Everyone taking part will receive a full briefing in advance to help you talk to your MSP about the action we need. Or you can simply explain why you’re concerned about climate change and why you feel it’s important they take action.
The lobby will take place at lunchtime on Wednesday 19th September, outside the Scottish Parliament. Places must be booked in advance - book your place now!
Together, we can create an Act that ends Scotland’s contribution to climate change within a generation.
We’re asking MSPs to support the following in the Bill:
1. Stronger targets that will deliver Scotland’s fair share of the Paris Agreement:
- Net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 at the latest
- Emissions reduction of 77% (on 1990 levels) by 2030
2. Measures to ensure that future finance budgets are consistent with our climate targets
3. New policies to cut emissions from buildings and agriculture as soon as possible within the next 10 years:
- Ensure all homes have at least Energy Performance Certificate rating ‘C’ by 2025, to cut emissions, tackle fuel poverty and create jobs across Scotland.
- Create a Nitrogen Balance Sheet for Scotland with nitrogen reduction targets introduced by 2020 - reducing climate pollution from nitrogen based fertilisers.
Return to previous page